These Operating Regulations and Rules have been enacted by the Board of Directors pursuant to Section 2 of Article XII of the Corporation's By-Laws.
These Operating Regulations and Rules have been enacted by the Board of Directors for the purpose of facilitating the operation of the Rolling Hills Swim Club's pools and facilities, and the safety and enjoyment of our members and their children and guests.
- The Club is expected to operate its pools and facilities in a manner that is safe, orderly and conducive to the enjoyment of our members and their children and guests.
- All members, their children and guests are expected to comply with these Operating Regulations and Rules. The failure to comply with these Operating Regulations and Rules may result in the suspension of Club privileges or - where non-compliance is serious and/or repeated - the cancellation of Club membership.
- Members will be held responsible for any damage to, or removal of, Club property by them or their children or guests.
- The Club is not responsible for the loss of or damage to the automobiles, personal equipment, clothing or other personal property of members, their children or guests.
- All members are responsible for ensuring that their children and guests comply with these Operating Regulations and Rules.
A. PAYMENT OF DUES AND OTHER FINANCIAL INDEBTEDNESS
No member, or child or guest of a member, will be admitted to the Club's facilities unless that member has paid his/her annual dues and has satisfied any outstanding indebtedness to the Club.
B. OPERATING SEASON AND HOURS
- Weather permitting, the Club will operate each day from the commencement of the Memorial Day weekend through the Labor Day weekend. The Board of Directors will evaluate the weather, the availability of guard staff and other factors in determining whether to extend operations for an additional weekend or two past the Labor Day weekend.
- The Club's usual hours of operation, weather permitting, are as follows:
|Weekdays (while school is in session) ||3:00 pm - 9:00 pm |
|Weekdays (after school is out) ||11:00 am. - 9:00 pm |
|Saturdays ||11:00 am - 9:00 pm |
|Sundays ||12:00 noon - 9:00 pm |
|Sundays - Adult Swim only* |
*You must be at least 18 to enter the pool.
|11:00 am - 12:00 noon |
- The Club's usual hours of operations will be curtailed, from time to time, to accommodate swim and dive meets and other special events. A notice will be posted at the entrance of the Club's bathhouse in advance of such meets and special events.
C. ADMITTANCE PROCEDURE
- Entrance to the Club's facilities during usual operating hours shall be through the main doors of the Club's bathhouse. However, entrance to the Club's facilities during swim and dive meets or Club-sponsored special events may be through the patio gate.
- Members and their children are required to provide their names and membership numbers to the front desk guard to enter into the computer check-in system. The front desk guard has the responsibility to verify that information prior to admitting members, their children and their guests.
- Guests must be accompanied by sponsoring Members or authorized children of Members; and sponsoring Members or authorized children are required to enter the names of their guests, as well as their own signatures and membership numbers in the guest log book on the front desk.
- Guests are welcomed at the Club, provided: they are accompanied by their sponsoring Members or authorized children of Members at all times; their sponsoring members or authorized children comply with the admittance procedure for guests set forth above; and they otherwise comply with these Operating Regulations and Rules. However, no member may utilize guest privileges or otherwise utilize the Club's facilities for commercial reasons.
- Members are liable for the safety and well-being of their guests.
- The following are the guest fees and methods of guest fee payment for the season:
|Method ||Fee ||Note |
|Guests 7 years old and under ||No Charge || |
|Day Guests || || |
| - Per Person ||$6/day ||Members billed at end of season |
|Out-of-Area Weekly Guests || || |
| - Per Person ||$15/week ||Must be prepaid |
| - Per Family ||$30/week ||Must be prepaid |
|Out-of-Area Season Guests || || |
| - Per Person ||$50/season ||Must be prepaid |
E. PATIO AND PAVILION RESERVATION
- Members may reserve the patio and pavilion areas for functions (e.g., parties, picnics, etc.) during the operating season, provided that such functions are non-commercial in nature.
- Reservations may be made before the commencement of the season only at the Club's Open House, which normally is held the Saturday and Sunday before the Memorial Day weekend opening of the Club's operating season. Reservations made during the season must be made with the Club's Manager or Club's Secretary.
- All guests must enter the Club's facilities through the main doors of the Club's bathhouse and sign-in on the Guest Sign-In Sheet. The Member host must verify the complete list of guest signatures with the Manager on duty prior to the end of their function.
- Members will be assessed a flat rate of $5.00 for each non-member guest, age 8 and older, regardless of whether the guest utilizes the Club's pools. Payment for non-member guests must be paid at the end of the season. Members may also check their guest charges and pay online at any time.
- Because of the high demand, reserved patio functions will be limited to no more than four hours duration, including setup and cleanup, functions of less than 16 persons may be allotted one-half of the patio or pavilion area in order to accommodate another function.
F. SWIM INSTRUCTION
- The Club will make available to its members, their children and guests all levels of private and group swim instruction.
- The Vice President is responsible for all aspects of the Club's swim instruction program. For information as to the Club's swim instruction program, schedules and fees, please contact the Swim Lesson Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. PHOTO POLICY
- The taking of photos without the consent of any individual, including in the bathhouse, is strictly prohibited. Exception may be made during swim and dive meets or Rolling Hills Events and used only for publication in local news media.
- A Photo Release Form will be made available to all participants in competitive and instructional Swim and Dive programs at Rolling Hills.
- The Club's Manager on duty is responsible for the daily operation of the Club's facilities and the direct supervision of the members of the guard staff. The Manager on duty and the members of the guard staff are responsible for maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the Club's facilities, maintaining the safety of all members and their children and guests who use the Club's facilities, and enforcing these Operating Regulations and Rules.
- Any injuries must be immediately reported to the Manager on duty.
- All members, their children and guests are expected to comply with the direction of the Club's Manager on duty and members of the guard staff while on the Club's premises.
- Members, and members of children with special needs, are encouraged to advise the Club's Manager on duty of such needs in order that the guard staff may provide better assistance.
- In the enforcement of these Operating Regulations and Rules, the Club's Manager on duty and members of the guard staff have the authority to "sit out" persons who do not comply with these Operating Regulations and Rules; and the Club's Manager on duty has the authority to suspend, for a period not exceeding one full day, the Club privileges of any person for serious and/or repeated non-compliance with these Operating Regulations and Rules or with the direction of the Manager on duty or members of the guard staff.
- Members should refer to the Club's Manager on duty and/or to the Club's President any grievances or complaints they may have regarding the conduct of any member of the Club's guard staff.
- Conduct anywhere on the Club's premises that is deemed by the guard staff to be unsafe or unhealthy (eg., running on the deck, non-approved diving from the deck, eating food on deck, towel snapping, roughhousing, wrestling, hitting, pushing, shoving spitting, spouting of water, the throwing of any objects other than approved balls, etc.) or to interfere with the enjoyment of the Club's facilities by others (eg., profane or otherwise unacceptable language, obscene or otherwise unacceptable behavior, unnecessarily loud shouting, unnecessarily loud radios or CD players, the careless throwing of otherwise approved balls, etc.) is not permitted.
- Under no circumstances will persons under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs be permitted on the Club's premises.
- Profane or otherwise unacceptable language, obscene or otherwise unacceptable behavior, and improper attire, are not permitted on the Club's premises.
- No glass of any kind (except eye glasses) and no hazardous objects are permitted on the Club's premises.
- All persons must wear swimsuits while in the pools; no cut-offs, shorts, etc., are permitted.
- No pets (other than working seeing-eye dogs) are permitted on the Club's premises.
- Rolling Hills is a non-smoking facility which includes the entire facility and the parking lots.
- Only the members of the guard staff and other authorized persons are permitted behind the front desk, in the Manager's office, in the pump house and in the area by the rear tool shed.
- Loitering at the front desk or in the parking lots is not permitted.
- No roller skates or roller blades, no skateboards, no bicycles and no scooters are permitted to be used or parked within the fenced areas of the Club's premises (including the patio). Bicycles and scooters must be parked and locked in the bike racks provided; and persons may check their roller skates, roller blades or skateboards at the front desk.
- Due caution must be used by members, and their children and guests in the operation of motor vehicles in the Club's parking lots. Under no circumstances may motor vehicles either be driven in excess of 5 mph in the Club's parking lots, or left unattended while their engines are running.
- All motor vehicles must be parked in the designated parking spaces; except that, persons dropping off or picking up supplies used for special functions on the patio may briefly park their cars near the patio gate, but only for the purpose of, and while, unloading or loading. The parking spaces designated for disabled persons may be used only by those persons having the appropriate decal or form displayed in the front windshields of their automobiles. Recreational vehicles, buses and trucks may only be parked in the rear parking lot. No parking is permitted on the lawn, or along the drive from the front lot to the rear lot.
- No persons are permitted to climb or play on the stone retaining walls or on the upper hills adjacent to the lawn areas.
- The Manager on duty has the discretion, in the interest of safety, to limit the number of persons on the Club's premises, as well as in either pool.
- Fairfax County regulations require that all persons shower in the bathhouse prior to entering either pool. However, the showers are not a recreational area, and no loitering or playing in the showers is permitted.
- Any person having an obvious skin disease, open sore, nasal or ear discharge, sore or inflamed eyes, excessive sunburn or communicable disease, or is wearing bandages of any description, is not permitted to enter either pool.
- Before entering either pool, all persons must use one of the foot washers to rinse their feet.
- Under no circumstances may any child under the age of 8 be allowed to use the Club's facilities unless under the direct and immediate supervision of a parent or a guardian at least 16 years old.
- Under no circumstances may a child wearing a diaper enter either pool. Tight fitting rubber pants and training pants under a regular swimsuit are required.
- Children between the ages of 8 and 12 may use the Club's facilities unaccompanied by a parent or guardian at least 16 years old only if they pass a swim test administered by the Club's Manager.
- Member's children under the age of 13 who have passed a swim test administered by the Club's Manager may bring guests to the Club provided that they have the written consent of both the sponsoring child's and the guest child's parent, and the guest child passes a swim test if under the age of 13.
- Children under the age of 13 may not utilize the Club's facilities after 6:00pm unless accompanied by a parent or a guardian at least 16 years old.
- Children under the age of 13 must observe a 15-minute rest break hourly (which is whistled by a member of the guard staff).
E. PROHIBITED USE OF THE POOLS
- Under no circumstances may any person swim in or otherwise use either the main pool or the wading pool unless the Club' facilities are open and there is a Manager and guard staff on duty.
- Under no circumstances may any person swim in or otherwise use either the main pool or the wading pool other than during the hours of operation (see, Part II, Section C, Paragraph 2, above) except for:
- Members of the Club's swim and dive teams during regular, sanctioned practices under the direct and immediate supervision of their coaches;
- Participants in scheduled Club-sponsored swim and dive meets;
- Persons receiving scheduled swim instruction from a guard staff member and then only during such instruction and under the direct and immediate supervision of the guard staff member; and
- Members of the guard staff and instructors during scheduled Club-sponsored in-service training sessions.
F. ON THE DECK
- No running is permitted on the deck.
- No swim fins or masks are permitted to be worn while walking in the deck or anywhere else out of the water.
- No eating, drinking of beverages (other than water from a plastic bottle), gum chewing or smoking are permitted on deck.
- No playing with or around the foot washers is permitted.
- No deck furniture is permitted to be moved if, by doing so, obstructs or otherwise impairs the ready access to the deck and the pool by members of the guard staff or swimmers.
G. WADING POOL USE
- Only children not more than 6 years old and their parents or guardians may use the wading pool and the surrounding fenced-in deck area.
- Under no circumstances may any child use the wading pool or be in the fenced-in deck area surrounding the wading pool unless under the direct, immediate and constant supervision of a parent or a guardian at least 16 years old.
- The two gates to the fenced-in wading pool area must be closed after each use.
- No deck furniture (eg., sand chairs) is permitted in the wading pool itself.
- No playing with or around the skimmers is permitted.
H. MAIN POOL USE - CHILDREN
- Under no circumstances may any child under 5 years old swim in or otherwise use the main pool unless under the direct and immediate supervision of a parent or a guardian at least 16 years old who, at all times, shall remain within an arm's reach of the child.
- Parents and guardians of children who are at least 5 years old, but do not know how to swim or are developing swimmers, are expected to closely monitor the activities of their children while in the main pool. Parents and guardians should encourage such children to stay within the roped-in shallow area of the main pool.
- While swim aids (eg., upper arm floats, back floats, etc.) are permitted in the pool, their use is not a substitute for the ability to swim.
I. MAIN POOL USE - GENERALLY
- Any person in the main pool who demonstrates an inability to swim will be restricted to chest-deep or shallower water.
- Conduct in the pool that is deemed by the guard staff to be unsafe or unhealthy (eg., non-approved diving from the deck, roughhousing, wrestling, hitting, pushing, shoving, spitting, spouting of water, the throwing of objects or non-approved balls, etc.), or to interfere with the enjoyment of the pool by others (eg., obscene or otherwise unacceptable language, unnecessarily loud shouting, the careless throwing of otherwise approved balls or other objects, etc.) is not permitted.
- The only diving from the deck that is permitted - other than during Club-sponsored swim meets or swim team practice - is into water that is at least 5 feet deep (ie., from the deck on the side of the main pool opposite the bathhouse, or from the diving well deck but only when the diving boards have been "closed" by the guard staff).
- No backward dives, backward jumps or flips from the deck are permitted.
- No running starts are permitted when diving from the deck.
- Persons are not permitted to ride on the backs or shoulders of others (eg., children riding on the backs of parents, etc.); nor are persons permitted to toss or throw in the air other persons (eg., parents tossing or throwing children in the air, etc.).
- While kickboards, rafts and floats of various types generally are permitted in the pool at the discretion of the guard staff:
- The use of a kickboard, raft or float is not a substitute for the ability to swim; and
- No person is permitted to: jump into the water while holding a kickboard, raft or float; jump onto a kickboard, raft or float from the deck; mount, dismount or ride a kickboard, raft or float along the side of the pool; or otherwise use a kickboard, raft or float in a manner deemed unsafe by the guard staff.
- The only objects that are permitted to be thrown while in the pool are sponge rubber balls that do not deteriorate.
- Only soft diving targets (eg., rings, etc.) are permitted to be used, provided they are not thrown at or in the direction of another person. No other objects or any kind (eg., hard diving sticks, rings or targets of any kind, stones, coins or keys, etc.) are permitted.
- The pool ladders and stairs are for entering and exiting the pool only; and they should be used only when facing the pool deck and not when facing the pool.
- Swim fins, masks and snorkels generally are permitted to be used in the pool, provided they are used properly and removed upon leaving the water. However, swim fins or masks are not permitted to be worn while not in the pool.
- The lap lanes are for lap-swimming only. Crossing a lap lane is permitted only with the permission of a member of the guard staff.
- No hanging on or pulling along the lane lines, shallow area line or diving well line is permitted.
- No playing with the skimmers is permitted.
J. MAIN POOL USE - THE DIVING WELL AND DIVING BOARDS
- The following rules regarding the use of the diving boards will be strictly enforced:
- Only one person may be on the board at a time. Persons waiting to use the board must remain on the deck (and not on the board ladder) until the person using the board has left it.
- The person using the board must wait until the person before him/her has reached a side ladder before initiating his/her dive/jump.
- Persons must dive/jump straight off the board and not toward the side of the well.
- No running on the board is permitted.
- Only one bounce off the board is permitted.
- Divers/jumpers may not loiter in the water, and must exit the well at a side ladder.
- No person may be in the water when the boards are "open" and in use and a person is on a board, with one exception. With the prior permission from the member of the guard staff at the diving well, an adult may remain in the water to "catch" a young child jumping (but not diving) from the board; but both the adult and child must exit the water after the jump.
- From time to time, the member of the guard staff at the diving well may "close" the boards, thereby opening up the diving well to swimmers. Under no circumstances may the boards be used when the diving well is "open" to swimmers.
- The board's wheels shall remain locked at all times, except when the boards are in use exclusively by members of the Seahawks dive team during practice or during a scheduled dive meet or practice attendant thereto.
K. THE PATIO/ PAVILION/ THE LAWN AREAS/ GAS GRILLS
- The Club encourages the use of its patio and lawn areas for parties, casual dining, picnicking or just plain relaxing, but subject to the following:
- Standing on Tables or chairs, or sitting on Tables, is not permitted.
- Members and their children and guests are expected to pick up after themselves, put all trash in the proper receptacles, and leave their areas as they would want it left for them.
- As to the use of the gas grills:
- Persons wishing to use a gas grill must first check-in with the Manager on duty, who will provide assistance. Note that gas grills can be reserved for use.
- The operation of a gas grill in an unsafe manner, under the patio roof or while left unattended is not permitted.
- Gas grills must be turned off - and the tank valve closed - after each use.
- Grilling utensils, if borrowed from the office, must be returned.
- Fifteen minutes prior to the daily closing of the Club's facilities: the guard staff will announce that the Club is closing for the day; the guard staff will follow this announcement with a whistle and an instruction that both pools be cleared; and, upon that instruction, all persons must exit both pools.
- The Manager on duty has the discretion, in the interest of safety, to close both pools, either pool or a portion of the main pool in the event of inclement weather, an emergency, a fouling of the water or other circumstance deemed by him/her to warrant such action.
- When the Manager has cleared the pools because of thunder or lightning, all persons must also leave the decks, the lawn areas and the parking lots. Temporary shelter can be sought under the patio roof or in the clubhouse.
- In the interest of safety, the Club's pools and grounds will be closed for a minimum of 30 minutes following the sound of thunder and 45 minutes following the sighting of lightning.