IMPORTANT CLUB OPENING NOTICE
2020 RHSC Operating Plan (PDF)
On July 1, we move to Phase 3. Safety remains at the forefront. Our Phase 3 operating procedures are below. After two weeks, we will reevaluate. There will be no 4th of July party however the pool will be open regular hours.
Phase 3 Operating Procedures
We are currently utilizing the FREE online website "SignUpGenius.com" for reserving time slots for swimming.
To reserve a specific time slot click a link below.
- Capacity. Starting on July 1, we double capacity from 50 to 100 members. On July 11, capacity will increase to 150 members. Upon review of safety procedures and ability to maintain social distance requirements, the pool capacity could increase to 200 as early as July 18.
- Social distancing. The Virginia Health Department requires 10 feet of social distance between family units or multiple family units in a quarantine bubble. We recommend wearing masks when in entering and exiting the pool through the rest rooms.
- Pool setup. The main pool area will be set up with five lap lanes with the remainder of the pool available for free swim. The dive well and shallow ends will be open. The kiddie/wading pool will be open. The grassy area will be open as well.
- Check-in procedures. You will check in giving your pool number as usual. Checking out is not required. We will use an app to maintain a count of the number of members at the pool at any one time.
- Exiting pool for cleaning. The pool will close every three hours to allow time for staff to clean and disinfect. All members will be required to evacuate the pool with all their personal belongings. Operating hours will be as follows:
- 11 am to 2 pm
- 2:20 pm to 5:20 pm
- 5:40 pm to 8:40 pm
- Breaks. Children under age 13 will be required to take a break for 15 minutes every hour.
- Adult Swim Only. On Sundays from 11 am to 12 pm will be designated as Adult Swim only. Members must be 18-years or older to participate.
- Reservations. We will continue to have members reserve time at the pool. There is no restriction on the number of times you can make a reservation. However, as noted above everyone will need to exit the pool every three-hours to allow for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Pool gear. Personal swim gear is allowed (i.e. fins, kickboards, etc.). Pool toys are allowed as well. No projectiles that may require non-family members to touch, such as beach balls.
- Supervision. Children under the age of 13 will need to be accompanied by a member age 16 or older.
- No lost and found. Any personal items remaining at the end of the day will be discarded.
- No guests. For the immediate future, we are only allowing members. This procedure will be re-evaluated once we have more information on pool usage with the increased capacity and no limits on pool visits.
- Furniture. We will put out tables and chairs on the grassy area and lounge chairs on the deck. This will be significantly less than normal to allow for social distancing. Per Virginia requirements, all common furniture must be cleaned between uses. A designated lifeguard on duty will be cleaning furniture. Please be kind and patient with our lifeguards.
- No grills. We will not have any grills out this season.
- No trash. There will not be any trash cans in the facility. The reason is for this is because of the safety precautions that lifeguards would need to take to get rid of the trash. This would decrease their ability to clean the common furniture.
- Food is allowed. You can bring food and order food to eat at the pool in the grassy area. Members are responsible for taking out what you bring in. You have the option of taking your trash home or putting in the pool dumpster. This policy is subject to change should trash at our facility become an issue.
- Cancelled/Not Available. Here is the list of everything we are not doing this season
- No pavilion or patio reservations
- No use of any communal recreational equipment (i.e. no corn hole, ping pong, fuse ball or shuffleboard)
- No social events
- No swim and dive team
- Responsibilities. Members are responsible for self-screening and maintaining social distancing. Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining water safety and increased pool/facility cleaning/disinfecting.